NEHA’s Election Process
NEHA knows that elections are a critical part of the democratic process and are one way in which members have a voice in the running of their organization. NEHA voting members have an opportunity to vote for candidates of a contested Board of Directors’ office. Board of Directors’ Officers serve a one-year term and Regional Vice-Presidents serve a three-year term. In addition, voting members have the opportunity to decide on language changes to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws.
Summary of Critical Dates:
- Completed nomination forms due in NEHA office for all Regional Vice-President (RVP) candidates who wish to be considered for expiring RVP terms of current year.
- Completed nomination forms due in NEHA office for all Second Vice-President (2VP) candidates who wish to be considered for expiring 2VP terms of current year.
- Deadline to become a NEHA member for voting consideration for current year. Four classes of membership with voting privileges: Regular, Sustaining, Institutional, and Life.
- Election ballots mailed (or electronically activated)
- Election ballots must be received at NEHA office (or electronically deactivated). If March 1 or March 31 falls on a weekend, the respective actions will occur on the next business day.