The National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations is hosting the Community Development & the Social Determinants of Health Symposium. The purpose of the symposium is to foster local and regional partnerships that improve health and wellness in low-income communities around the country. The symposium will cover
- the basics of the social determinant of health;
- concrete, successful local community development models that improve the health of residents;
- regional and national partnerships that bring awareness and infrastructure to the strategic intersection of health and community development;
- the challenges and opportunities of cross-sector partnership, including sharing information and data, and drawing on each others' abilities to reach diverse communities; and
- strategic and public policy levers that can draw health and community development actors together to influence place-based strategies for improving health and wellness.