HUD’s Healthy Homes program was created to “to protect children and their families from housing-related health and safety hazards.” Healthy Homes addresses environmental health issues such as: mold, lead, allergens, asthma, carbon monoxide, home safety, pesticides, and radon (http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/healthy_homes/hhi).
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary’s Awards for Healthy Homes applications are open and recognize excellence in healthy housing innovation and achievement in several different categories. Review eligibility and descriptions of award categories to consider nominating someone in your community. Winners of these awards will be honored at the 2017 NEHA AEC in Grand Rapids, MI. New Deadline! Applications due by 11:59pm, PST, March 29, 2017.
Radon Data Standardization Webinar
Topics / Featured Speakers:
- Radon Pilot Project, Michele Monti, MS, MPH, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Radon Communications Toolkit, Holly Wilson, MHSE, CHES, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Radon Data Collection in Washington State, Tina Echeverria, PhD, Washington State’s Tracking Portal
Seeking a Healthy Home Specialist?
Healthy Homes Resources:
- HUD’s Secretary’s Award for Healthy Homes presented at NEHA’s AEC & Exhibition.
- NEHA’s Healthy Homes Specialist Credential
- HUD’s Healthy Homes Program: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/healthy_homes