Educational Highlights for 2017
- Invited Keynote: Debbie Stabenow, U.S. Senator (MI), Ranking Member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Opening Session: Aiming for Equity, an environmental justice panel facilitated by Dr. Renée Branch Canady, Chief Executive Officer of the Michigan Public Health Institute
- The Great Debate on Restaurant Grading: Is restaurant grading effective practice or are we misleading ourselves and the public? Listen to the pros and cons of restaurant grading as Terri Williams, director of environmental health for Los Angeles County and Mick Miklos, senior manager at the National Restaurant Association, face-off to discuss this controversial issue.
- Emerging Issues: Antibiotic Resistance Panel, Sponsored by NSF International: Listen to former USDA Undersecretary for Food Safety Dr. Richard Raymond lead a panel discussion on one of the most important environmental health issues of the modern era, antibiotic resistance.
- Closing Session on Sustainability, sponsored by NEHA’s Business & Industry Affiliate and moderated by Josh Jacobs, Technical Information and Public Affairs Manager for UL
Types of training and educational sessions at the AEC:
Single or multiple speaker presentations in traditional lecture or panel formats.
Hands-on demonstrations, tabletop exercises, drop-in learning labs, roundtable discussions, and poster presentations.
Other Interactive and Innovative Presentation Formats
Education Sessions being offered at the AEC:
- Onsite Wastewater
- Recreational Water
- Water Quality
- Air Quality
- Food Safety & Defense
- Environmental Health Tracking & Informatics
- Technology and Environmental Health
- EH Health Impact Assessment
- Healthy Homes & Communities
- Land Use Planning & Design
- School & Institutions
- Emergency Preparedness & Response
General Environmental Health
- Emerging EH Issues
- Hazardous & Toxic Materials
- General Environmental Health
- Solid Waste
- International EH
- Children’s Environmental Health
- Environmental Justice
- Uniformed Services
Workforce and Leadership
Climate and Health
- Climate Change
Infectious and Vector Borne Diseases
- Pathogens & Outbreaks
- Vector Control & Zoonotic Diseases
*Student Research Presentations – Exhibit Hall
"The NEHA AEC is an excellent venue to understand changes in the field, share experiences with fellow practitioners and network with environmental health professionals, who are committed to protect their local communities. "