Release Date: July 20, 2017
We at NEHA would like to make you aware that we are transitioning our MyNEHA online portal to a new internal membership and credentialing database, as well as updating our online store. Our goal in this transition is to ensure that our members, credential holders, and customers have a simple and efficient way to purchase and renew memberships and credentials, as well as shop for our products and educational resources, while also ensuring that our staff has the resources they need to better assist you.
A few benefits of this new system include:
- A simpler, cleaner user profile, allowing you to easily view and update your information
- A faster, more efficient hub for shopping, renewing memberships and credentials, and viewing what NEHA has to offer
- An easier method for credential holders to submit continuing education credits
- A faster and more secure check out process when making purchases from our bookstore
In the coming weeks, we will rollout even more advancements to make your experience with NEHA as simple and straightforward as possible, such as, creating a single sign on between every website and service NEHA offers, as well as linking your profile with our upcoming improved learning management system, allowing you to quickly enroll in online courses and automatically apply those courses towards your credential.
During this transition, we will temporarily take down our existing online store and user portal, starting at 4:00 PM MST on Friday, July 21. During this time, you will not be able to log in to our system until our new database comes online on Tuesday, July 25.
In order to activate your account in our new system, please follow these steps:
- On or after July 25, visit MyNEHA on our website, neha.org.
- On the login page, click on the "Forgot Password" link.
- Enter your email address that is currently on file with NEHA and follow the steps to set a new password.
- Log in using your new password and view your profile page and you're done!
- If you see that any of your personal information is incorrect or outdated, please feel free to edit it on your profile page.
- If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to call us at 303-756-9090 ext. 300 for assistance.
We know that a transition this large is bound to have a few bugs here and there. Should you have any problems renewing a membership or credential during this time, please contact either the membership or credentialing department and let us know so we can ensure that there are no gaps in your membership or credential history due to technical difficulties on our end during this process. Also, if you notice that any of your member or credential details appear wrong, please reach out to us so we can correct any errors in our system.
We thank you for your patience during this transition, and we hope that you enjoy our new system and all of the ways it helps us better serve you, the environmental health community.
Thank you and have a great day,
The National Environmental Health Association