Specialist, Public Health
Company: Princess Cruises
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Date Posted: January 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Specialist, Public Health
About the Position
HA Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Public Health Specialist who will effectively implement, monitor, and improve HA Group’s Public Health programs and activities through organized assessment, training, and support of company operations and personnel. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Public Health.
We welcome your interest in joining HA Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. HA Group includes Princess Cruises (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney, Australia). HA Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita, California office.
- Facilitating the correct interpretation and application of all public health policies and procedures by consistently and completely engaging with both shipboard and shoreside personnel.
- Ensuring that shipboard personnel receive the appropriate public health safety and risk mitigation training in their respective operational areas.
- Continuously anticipating and monitoring proposed and existing Company programs that have public health implications and following-up with the program partners to mitigate risks with a sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership.
- Working within assigned program specialties to identify risks, trends, and gaps and proposing effective fleetwide solutions.
- Identifying trends and/or gaps in public health perceptions and operations that merit policy and procedural reviews and/or communication to higher levels of management.
- Providing policy and procedural feedback and recommendations to a wide variety of stakeholders that are timely, well-organized, contextually appropriate, and actionable.
- Preparing operational departments for successful external public health inspections by identifying and communicating gaps during audits of shipboard and shoreside public health programs and activities.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, environmental health, the biological sciences or a closely related field
- Certification as an environmental health specialist (or equivalent) required
- Ability to interpret and execute relevant public health information
- Clear written and oral communication
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Possess and maintain current knowledge in environmental health systems
- Master’s degree in public health or a related field
- Previous experience working in a public health agency
- Previous experience in creating public health training material
How to Apply