Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
Company: Brinker International
Location: Dallas, TX
Date Posted: March 8, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
About the Position
Manages and coordinates assigned quality assurance, food safety and sanitation programs to assure that regulatory compliance and internal food safety and sanitation standards are met for Brinker brands. Teams effectively with Operations, Facilities, and other internal functions to understand and support restaurant food safety and sanitation needs. Uses knowledge base from food science, microbiology and restaurant operations to creatively problem solve and drive continuous food safety improvement in Brinker restaurants.
Coordinates with multiple departments to develop and manage food safety programs with new and existing vendor partners. Works closely with vendors to develop, revise and improve processes appropriate for Brinker Food Safety and Sanitation standards related to restaurant operations, food distribution, chemical use, sanitation, pest control and other quality assurance and food safety programs as assigned.
Your Key Job Functions:
- Provide thought leadership and help administer the restaurant Food Safety, Quality Assurance & Sanitation Programs •Manage Restaurant Food Safety Auditing Program to include management of vendor performance to established metrics, restaurant performance reporting and trending, annual program updates and collaboration with Operations on action plans for continuous improvement.
- Manage Pest Control Program to include management of vendor performance to established metrics, program updates to incorporate best practices and emerging technologies, restaurant performance reporting and trending, and collaboration with Operations and Facilities on action plans for continuous improvement.
- Provide support and expertise to restaurants and internal departments for resolution of issues including health department inquiries and concerns, boil water advisory, potential foodborne illness and other emergency situations that may affect food safety operations.
- Develop and/or participate in programs with FDA, USDA, State and Local Health Departments to allow Brinker brands to meet evolving regulatory food safety requirements.
- Act as food safety and sanitation technical resource for each Brand’s culinary and operations teams and champion continuous improvement in food safety and sanitation by leveraging technology and providing user-friendly cost effective solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and bring to life the Brinker cultural beliefs to drive our 4 key results:
- Feedback’s Priceless – I see more through other’s feedback.
- Own it – I own, drive, and achieve desired results.
- Win Together – I work across boundaries to achieve results.
- Trust Matters – I act in a manner that cultivates trust in others.
- Thinking Forward – I think and act in a manner that achieves balanced results.
What You Bring to the Team:
- At least 5 years combined experience in quality assurance or food safety role within a multi-unit restaurant company or public health agency.
- 4 year college degree or equivalent in Environmental Health, Public Health, Biology or other hard science equivalent.
- Certified Food Safety Professional (CP-FS) required. Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) preferred.
- Ability to successfully manage restaurant food safety and sanitation programs with specific knowledge related to food safety operations, sanitation, integrated pest management and regulatory compliance.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of FDA Model Food Code, HACCP, foodborne pathogens, good retail practices and foodborne illness risk factors.
- Presentation Skills: Ability to make clear, concise and convincing business presentations with impact for executive and senior management.
- Communication Skills: Provide actionable reporting of projects and program status via written reports as well as ability to critique and provide feedback on food safety and sanitation performance in a non-threatening and coaching manner.
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage multiple projects to on-time completion with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills: Heightened ability to work collaboratively and build productive relationships with various groups to include internal Brinker disciplines, restaurant operators, Brinker vendors, and regulatory officials.
- Software Aptitude: Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel.
How to Apply
Apply online: brinkerjobs.com