Total Quality Manager
Company: Darden Restaurants Inc.
Date Posted: April 10, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Total Quality Manager
About the Position
Ensure the continued viability of our restaurant companies operations and protect our brand image by taking measures to avoid a food borne illness outbreak, or a restaurant closure, or any other health or safety judgment by a regulatory agency by ensuring restaurant food safety and sanitation systems are in place. Evaluate trends to establish needs, and to provide consultation and training in food safety and sanitation best practices. Through training and working as an extension of the RSC Culinary Center, support Operations in the delivery of Culinary Excellence at the restaurant level.
This position is currently responsible for the Darden Restaurants in the following states: Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Operations food safety and food quality business objectives and assist in driving improvement with key operations parameters by analyzing critical food safety, sanitation and food quality trends.
- Utilize data from all information sources such as Third Party Restaurant Audits, Health Department inspections, HACCP, pest elimination reports and suspect food borne illnesses to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Review all 3rd party restaurant audits in a timely manner and based upon the findings, provide immediate feedback and support to restaurants. Communicate and track the status for any restaurants that require a re-audit by the Director of Operations. Initiate appropriate actions to ensure that progress is made in bottom performing restaurants to avoid risks to the brand.
- Review food safety and sanitation trends, and develop “Best Practices” to support Operations with measurable improvements in food safety and sanitation.
- Provide training for Managers in Training (MIT’s) and restaurant managers as needed and support the Director of Operations in their efforts to improve restaurant food safety and sanitation.
- Conduct Food Quality Operational Surveys in alignment with Restaurant Support Center (RSC) Brand Culinary teams to support the delivery of Culinary Excellence.
- Represent Operations and serve as a liaison to regulatory agencies. Establish and maintain excellent rapport with all health departments that inspect our restaurants. Work with Operations to ensure compliance with all applicable public health and safety laws. Assume a leadership role and participate in professional associations to have influence on public health issues that affect our restaurants – as well as for professional development.
- Provide support to Operations at new restaurant openings as needed. Establish health department contact prior to a restaurant opening and ensure that steps are taken to receive all necessary health department approvals to open the restaurant.
- Utilize systems and good administrative practices to maintain an efficient work schedule. Be timely, accurate and professional on all communications. Use a high level of vision to look ahead and plan for future needs when setting priorities.
- A minimum of 3 years and preferably 5+ years of public health or quality assurance experience.
- Must be state or nationally registered (or eligible within 12 months of hiring) as a Registered Sanitarian (RS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus, in Public or Environmental Health or other closely related science discipline.
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have exceptional problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Passion and understanding for continuous improvement.
- Must be an innovative thinker and flexible to change.
- Possess above average written and oral communications, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Display superior organization and time management skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical and decision making ability.
- Good working knowledge of computers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen and understand, and act as a change agent without compromising standards.
- This position will require up to 75% travel
How to Apply
Apply on-line using the link: