This award is given annually to recognize an individual or group that has made significant achievements in the development or enhancement of a more culturally diverse, inclusive, and competent environment. The qualified individual or group will demonstrate support for diversity in their organization and community.
Deadline extended! Apply or submit a nomination through May 15, 2021.
Applications for the Dr. Bailus Walker Jr. Diversity and Inclusion Awareness Award should demonstrate:
- The individual is a member of NEHA. If a team submission all team members must be members of NEHA.
- The individual or group works within Environmental Health.
- The individual or group is a contributor to diversity efforts.
The online application requires the applicant or nominator to write a description of the diversity effort(s) in summary format. The summary should address the following criteria:
- Activities supporting diverse groups or programs.
- Activities that promote environmental stewardship.
- Activities in the community that foster diversity awareness.
- Activities that demonstrate valuing interpersonal work relationships.
- Activities that demonstrate an appreciation of contributions in a diverse workplace.
For Staff/Teams: demonstrate consciousness of diversity through interactions and interpersonal relations with coworkers and the public.
For Managers: the organization reflects diversity through policies, programs, and representation.
Additional Submission Requirements
- Applications must submit a Curriculum Vitae/Resume that includes a summary of education, employment history, awards, honors, professional activities, and publications.
- Only complete online applications, submitted by NEHA members, will be considered.
- Each application will be reviewed by an award panel. The panel shall consist of three (3) NEHA Board members and one member At-large NEHA member appointed by the Board President.
Questions? Contact NEHA Award Liaison, Jonna Ashley, email@example.com