The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), through its Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes (OLHCHH), and in partnership with the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA), is proud to announce the annual HUD Secretary’s Awards for Healthy Homes.
HUD recognizes excellence in making indoor environments healthier through healthy homes research, education, and program delivery, especially in low-to-moderate income communities. HUD partners with NEHA as both organizations share a common vision to create healthier home environments in the U.S. by working across the health, environment, and housing sectors.
Purpose of the Awards
The awards provide a national platform to showcase results from a range of housing and indoor environmental health programs. The awards highlight some of the nation’s most significant work on the relationship between living environments and resident health and lays the foundation for future healthy homes work.
- Online applications opened on January 16, 2020.
- Letters of Intent (LOIs) deadline is February 17, 2020. Please send LOIs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The submission deadline is 11:59:59 pm EST, March 10, 2020.
- Applicants will be notified of status around May 8, 2020.
- Awards will be presented at the NEHA 2020 Annual Educational Conference (AEC) and Exhibition, July 15, 2020 in New York City, NY. Please plan to have a representative be present to accept the award at the AEC.
Categories and Criteria
View the full details of the 2020 HUD Secretary's' Awards for Healthy Homes Announcement Package here:
Letter of Intent
Please submit an LOI by February 17, 2020, to email@example.com. LOIs can be in the form of a letter or in the body of the e-mail and must include the organization name and contact person. Any applications from individuals or for-profit organizations will not be reviewed.
The Application Form
All entries must be completed by utilizing the online nomination form here beginning January 16, 2020. The nomination deadline is 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time, March 10, 2020.
The 2020 Secretary’s Awards for Healthy Homes application form must include:
- Title of the nominated project or program
- Name and contact information of the person submitting the nomination
- Name of organization, group, or agency
- A project narrative of no more than four (4) pages describing the history of the initiative, work or project, and addressing the criteria for nomination review and rating
Full details of the Awards and project narrative are outlined in the Announcement Package (PDF).
PAST RECIPIENTS OF THE HUD SECRETARY’S AWARDS FOR HEALTHY HOMES
Congratulations to the 2019 HUD Secretary's Awards Winners!
City of Rochester Certificate of Occupancy & Lead Inspection Program
Partnership Between AARST and HUD Multifamily Program