The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), through its Office of Lead Hazard Control and Healthy Homes (OLHCHH), and in partnership with the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA), is proud to announce the annual HUD Secretary’s Awards for Healthy Homes.
HUD recognizes excellence in making indoor environments healthier through healthy homes research, education, and program delivery, especially in low-to-moderate income communities. HUD partners with NEHA as both organizations share a common vision to create healthier home environments in the U.S. by working across the health, environment, and housing sectors.
Purpose of the Awards
The awards provide a national platform to showcase results from a range of housing and indoor environmental health programs. The awards highlight some of the nation’s most significant work on the relationship between living environments and resident health and lays the foundation for future healthy homes work.
The application deadline for 2020 has closed. You can view the announcement package for the 2020 award.
2021 Letters of Intent
We will begin accepting letters of intent for the 2021 HUD Secretary's Awards in February 2021. Letters can be seen to email@example.com. Letters may be in the form of a letter or in the body of the email and must include the organization name and contact person. Any applications from individuals or for-profit organizations will not be reviewed.
Congratulations to the 2020 HUD Secretary's Awards for Healthy Homes Winners!
- Housing Authority of Jackson County, Medford, OR—Livewell: Active for Life (Cross-Program)
- LifeSTEPS, Sacramento, CA—Housing Plus Services: RN Coaching (Multifamily Housing)
- Asian Pacific Self-Development Residential Association, Stockton, CA—Community Health Connections (Public Housing)
- Home Forward, Portland, OR—Radon Testing and Mitigation in Public Housing (Policy Innovation)
- The University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA—Home Environmental Interventions to Improve the Health of Older Adults (Research)
Meet the Awardees
HUD will host a webinar to highlight the award-winning programs on August 19, 2020, at 2:00 p.m. EDT. Please join us in celebrating these programs and learning about their innovative healthy homes solutions.
Questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.