CFSSA Credential Exam Content & Scores
CFSSA Exam Content
- 175 multiple-choice questions
- 150 questions are scored; Only correct answers are counted
- 25 questions are pre-tested for statistical purposes, but not scored
- No feedback is provided on pre-tested questions
- It’s better to guess than leave a question blank since there is no credit for a bland answer
- Three hours to take exam
CFSSA Exam Content
CFSSA Exam ScoresThe CFSSA exam reports scores ranging from 0-900 with a scaled passing score of 650.
- Scores are based on the number of questions answered correctly.
- Exam results are mailed to the candidate within four weeks after the exam.
- Those who pass the exam will receive a certificate, wallet card and continuing education information.
- Those who fail the exam will receive a score letter and a retake application. Candidates must wait at least 90 days from the initial test date before retaking the exam.
- To retake the exam, submit the Retake Application and pay the Exam Fee and Computer Test Fee, if taking the exam at a Pearson VUE’s testing location.
- The application and transcripts do not need to be submitted again.
- Candidates may retake the exam up to three times. After a third failure, the candidate must wait six months and reapply as a new candidate and pay all applicable fees.
About Exam ScoresThe raw passing score is mathematically transformed so that the passing scaled score equals 650. The scaling process is similar to the adjustment for Celsius and Fahrenheit temperature scales. While the values may differ, the temperatures are the same (e.g., water boils at the same temperature regardless of the scale used).
A scaled score is not a percentage score but a transformation of a raw score. Scaling is done to report comparable results when forms and raw passing scores vary over time.