Community Contributing Panel
Our online Community is identified as one of the highest-rated resources for our members. To ensure this Community continues to support our membership, we are piloting a virtual Community Contributing Panel. The goal of this volunteer panel is to actively post and respond in Community, highlight features of the platform, support other initiatives within Community, support the Community Code of Conduct, and provide feedback on the work of the panel.
- You must be a member of NEHA. If your membership lapses during your term, we will remove you from the Panel.
- Enjoy reading the discussion posts from Community multiple times a week.
- Comfortable posting discussions and replies in Community or a willingness to learn.
- Comfortable utilizing all the features of Community or a willingness to learn.
- Be able to devote the time required to accomplish the Panel’s objectives
- Have read, in its entirety, the Community Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct can be accessed by selecting your profile photo within Community.
All meetings are virtual, will be recorded, and will occur in Community. Volunteers will have the ability to give agenda feedback prior to the meeting and view the recording post-meeting.
- One orientation meeting - Fall
- Monthly support meetings, or as needed, 30 minutes
Ambassador Time and Work
- This is a yearlong commitment starting October 2023 and ending October 2024. You will be able to reapply for a seat on the panel in the following years. Re-appointment is not automatic and is based on each member's continued contribution to the committee.
- Estimated time commitment, 10 hours over 12 months
- Participate in the Virtual Orientation Call, 1 hour
- Attend Panel meetings, 3 hours
- Panelists must commit to starting a discussion at a minimum of once a month in the Members group on Community. Approximately 15 minutes per month or 3 hours per year.
- Actively reply to posts that have no replies, replying to at least 1-2 per month. Approximately 15 minutes per month or 3 hours per year.
- If appropriate, learn about and make use of underutilized Community features. Our staff will provide guidance and instructions for the Panel and in turn, those Panelists will use them as they post and reply within the Members group
- Support staff if needed in Code of Conduct violations. Our staff will reach out with specific asks and clear instructions if and when this is needed. Time commitments on this will be identified at the time of need.
- Panelist feedback can be given throughout the term but specifically during the final meeting, 30 minutes.
All Panel members are placed in a private group in Community. This is where all staff and volunteer communications will take place regarding the panel.
Join the Panel
If interested, please send a short email with your contact information, including your number of years of experience in environmental health, and your primary area of expertise to email@example.com.