Journal of Environmental Health
Volume 78, No. 5
About the Cover
In July 2013, an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease occurred at a long-term care facility in a suburb of Columbus, Ohio. A total of 39 cases were confirmed; of those cases, 6 were fatal. Our cover feature in this issue, “Legionnaires’ Disease Outbreak at a Long-Term Care Facility Caused by a Cooling Tower Using an Automated Disinfection System—Ohio, 2013,” describes the epidemiologic and environmental investigation conducted to determine the scope of the outbreak, identify the source, and recommend control measures to prevent additional cases. Unused cooling towers with automated disinfection systems can become reservoirs for the amplification and dissemination of Legionella.
Table of Contents
Advancement of the Science
- Legionnaires' Disease Outbreak at a Long-Term Care Facility Caused by a Cooling Tower Using an Automated Disinfection System—Ohio, 2013
- Geothermal Gases—Community Experiences, Perceptions, and Exposures in Northern California
- Prevalence of Lead Hazards and Soil Arsenic in U.S. Housing
Advancement of the Practice
- A Community-Driven Intervention in Tuftonboro, New Hampshire, Succeeds in Altering Water Testing Behavior
- Direct From CDC/EHSB: Improving State and Local Capacity to Assess and Manage Risks Associated With Private Wells and Other Drinking Water Systems Not Covered by the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Direct From CDC/EPHTN: Striving to Achieve the Mission of CDC's National Environmental Public Health Tracking Program
Advancement of the Practitioner
- Career Opportunities
- EH Calendar
- Resource Corner
- JEH Quiz #3
- President's Message: Environmental Health Without Borders
- Special NEHA Members
- Special Listing
- NEHA 2016 AEC and HUD Healthy Homes Conference
- DirecTalk: Musings From the 10th Floor: Tabula Rasa, Solarium Argentums, and Carpe Diem, Baby
- American Public University
- Division of Public Health Michigan State University
- Industrial Test Systems, Inc.
- NSF International
- Ozark River/Integrity Distribution
- Presby Environmental, Inc.
- Protec Instrument Corporation
- Sweeps Software, Inc.
- Underwriters Laboratories
- University of Illinois Springfield