The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry has provided funding for NEHA, Children's Environmental Health Network, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, National Association of County and City Health Officials, and National Center for Healthy Housing to form a COVID-19 Early Care and Education (ECE) Collaborative. This collaborative develops resources and materials to address COVID-19 mitigation in ECE facilities, including resources for both ECE providers and the environmental health workforce.
Children's Environmental Health Network has developed fact sheets to synthesize best practice information about cleaning, disinfecting, and indoor air quality for ECE facilities in the context of COVID-19
Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units have developed fact sheets on the use of disinfectants and hand sanitizers.
National Center for Healthy Homes has created a guide on cleaning and disinfection.
Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units have put together a mini webinar series on Safer Disinfectant Use.
- Safer Disinfectant Use - Disinfection & Sterilization
- Safer Disinfectant Use - Toxicity of Disinfectants
- Safer Disinfectant Use - Hand Sanitizers
National Center for Health Homes have put together a webinar on cleaning and disinfection.
National Center for Health Homes have developed videos relating to disinfection products and ventilation.
Children’s Environmental Health Network has created a social media toolkit with messages on cleaning, disinfection, and indoor air quality.
NEHA has developed infographics for different task to help support the EH workforce that may not be familiar with child care facilities.
National Center for Health Homes developed an infographic for home-based child care providers on available resources.
Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units have put together infographics and comic strip on Safer Disinfectant Use.
- Read the press release for more information about the collaborative.
- View updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on cleaning and disinfection:
- Learn more about surface transmission of COVID-19:
- Use the checklist and assessment form developed by NEHA below to assess COVID-19 practices in ECE facilities, including ventilation practices, cleaning, and more. Documents are available in Word to allow editing and formatting to fit your needs.
- Useful information on choosing a portable air cleaner.
- Additional resources on Green cleaning in child care facilities
The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)’s cooperative agreement program titled ATSDR’s Partnership to Promote Local Efforts to Reduce Environmental Exposure (APPLETREE) gives states resources and guidance to assess and respond to site-specific issues involving exposure to hazardous substances in the environment. The COVID-19 ECE Collaborative is providing support to 16 states that have received supplemental funding under this program to assist in COVID-19 response efforts in ECE facilities and schools. Learn more about the resources produced by states through this program below.