Save the date for the 2018 Georgia Environmental Health Association (GEHA) Annual Education Conference (AEC) happening June 27-29, 2018, at the Savannah DeSoto Hilton. GEHA looks forward to its members and guests coming to this popular location overlooking Madison Square in the heart of Savannah’s Historic District.
This series of 5 webinars will provide attendees with an understanding of the impacts of wildland smoke on the health of tribal communities and strategies to minimize exposure. Each 90-minute webinar will feature 3 presentations.
The webinars are free and open to anyone. The webinars will be recorded.
To Register for one or all five of the webinars, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado Environmental Health Association Annual Education Conference - The mission of the Annual Education Conference is to provide high quality education opportunities while creating an environment that will develop, connect and build relationships between those who work collaboratively in the diverse sectors of environmental health.
With the recent wildfires in California and elsewhere, we are reminded of their destructive power and their adverse effects on human health and safety.
Researchers and public health professionals have a pivotal role to play in studying wildfires and mitigating their impacts. Sign up today for our webinar on this important topic.
REHS/RS & CPFS exam
Annual Education Conference
Emergency Preparedness and Wildfire Resources
These resources are from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, California Air Resources Board, and California Department of Public Health. All resources were created to assist environmental health professionals with emergency preparedness after a wildfire or mass fire.
Resources for Local Health Departments
- EPA Wildfires
- Wildfires and Smoke: A Guide for Public Health Officials
- EPA Smoke Ready Toolbox for Wildfires
- NIEHS Wildfire Response Orientation
- Psychological First Aid Training
- Wildland Fire Research to Protect Health and the Environment (U.S. EPA)
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences’ Wildfire Response Orientation
- Presentation on wildfires (U.S. EPA)
- Clarification on prescribed burning and efforts that are used to minimize smoke impacts (CA Air Resources Board)
- Learn the right way to use an N-95 or P-100 particulate respirator mask (CA Department of PH)
- Fire response and recovery resources (California EPA)
- The Prominent Role of EH in California- Wildfire Disaster Recovery
- Form Examples: Calaveras County Toolkit
- Food and Water Safety: Food Safety Toolkit
Resources for the Public
- Preparedness & Response for Septic Systems Toolkit (NEHA)
- What to do before, during, and after a wildfire (CDC)
- Information about home air cleaners (U.S. EPA)
- Real-Time Air Quality Information: AirNow (U.S. EPA)
- Find out if you are at risk from exposure to particle pollution (U.S. EPA AirNow)
- A list of certified air cleaning devices (CA Air Resources Board)
- Healthy Heart Toolkit and Research (U.S. EPA)
- Particle Pollution and Heart Disease (Million Hearts)
- California Statewide Fire Maps
Resources From NEHA's Journal of Environmental Health
- Norovirus Outbreak at a Wildland Fire Base Camp Ignites Investigation of Restaurant Inspection Policies (PDF)
- Building Capacity to Respond and Recover