Join the Body Art Committee
Our Body Art Committee is currently accepting new members. The focus of the committee is to develop resources to support common-sense regulations, reasonable inspections, and overall protect public health. Members are expected to demonstrate thought leadership in their communities regarding body art policies and regulations and hold themselves to the highest professional standards.
The application closes September 30. Committee members must be, or willing to become, a NEHA member. Learn more about becoming a member.
To be a resource for environmental health professionals and NEHA leadership dedicated to developing resources and programs, increasing workforce capacity and fostering improved body art practices to protect public health.
The Body Art Committee is comprised of public and private sector experts working in partnership to provide outcomes in the following priority areas:
- Development of a Body Art Model Code that reflects best practices and standardized procedures to ensure public health and safety in the field of body art.
- Identification of training gaps, needs of the profession, and emerging issues and recommendations for addressing these and other issues.
- Identification of best practices, successes and challenges for environmental health professionals working in the field of body art.
- Guidance, input and participation in the development of NEHA’s body art program and projects.
- Promotion and dissemination of NEHA body art related materials and resources.
- Ongoing collaboration with organizations interested in ensuring best practices and safety in the field of body art.
- Development and identification of training materials, guidance documents, and policy statements relating to the field of body art.
Our Body Art Committee is comprised of local, state, federal and industry professionals with environmental health and body art expertise.
Body Art Compliance - Founder | Body Art Professional
Regulatory, Ceutical Labs, Inc. | AFDO Body Art Committee Chair | Body Art Education Alliance Chair
Executive Director | Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals | Permanent Cosmetic Professional
Body Art Training Company | OSHA Authorized Industry Specific Trainer| Body Art Professional
Executive Director, Florida Environmental Health Association | Body Piercer & Body Art Trainer
Technical Lead, Retail Food Policy | U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Onyx Piercing Studio - Owner / Senior Piercer | Body Art Education Alliance, Co-Chair
U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Retired | Ceuticallabs
Environmental Consultant | Bureau of Environmental Health | Florida Department of Health
OSHA Authorized General Industry Trainer | Association of Professional Piercers
Registered Environmental Health Specialist | Kent County, Michigan Health Department