To serve as a resource for NEHA and all environmental health professionals in preparing for, responding to, and recovering from emergencies and disasters, in order to minimize death, illness, and injury and create more resilient communities
NEHA’s Preparedness Committee is comprised of public and private sector environmental health and emergency management experts working in partnership to provide outcomes in the following priority areas:
- Development of position papers and policy statements.
- Guidance and input on NEHA’s preparedness programs and projects.
- Promotion and dissemination of NEHA preparedness related, and committee developed materials and resources.
- Identification and recommendations related to training gaps, needs of the profession, horizon challenges, and emerging disaster issues that can affect environmental health.
- Identification of scientific-based practices, successes and challenges for environmental health professionals in environmental health preparedness.
- Identify funding opportunities for Environmental Health Preparedness.
- Help to clearly define the role of Environmental Health in emergency response.
NEHA's Preparedness Committee is comprised of local, state, federal and industry professionals with environmental health and preparedness backgrounds. Click here for member list.