Journal of Environmental Health
Volume 78, No. 7
About the Cover
In this issue’s cover feature, “Formaldehyde Levels in Traditional and Portable Classrooms: A Pilot Investigation,” the authors evaluated formaldehyde levels in day and overnight indoor air samples from three different schools in Atlanta, Georgia. Carbon dioxide, temperature, and relative humidity were also measured as each can influence indoor air quality. Formaldehyde levels were similar among the two classroom types and were consistent with previous studies. Elevated levels of carbon dioxide were measured, indicating inadequate ventilation. To protect the health of classroom occupants, the authors recommend improved ventilation, especially to reduce carbon dioxide levels.
Table of Contents
Advancement of the Science
- Formaldehyde Levels in Traditional and Portable Classrooms: A Pilot Investigation
- The Investigation of Groundwater Contamination in Wicomico County's Morris Mill Community
- Poor Indoor Air Quality, Mold Exposure, and Upper Respiratory Tract Infections—Are We Placing Our Children at Risk?
Advancement of the Practice
- NEHA/UL Sabbatical Exchange Program Report: To Glove or Not to Glove?
- Direct From AEHAP: Collaborating to Solve Complex Environmental Health Issues in Our Communities
- Direct From CDC/EHSB: CDC's Drought Guidance: Your Public Health Resource for Understanding and Preparing for Drought in Your Community
- Direct From CDC/EPHTN: Environmental Health Tracking Rides the Open Data Wave
Advancement of the Practitioner
- Career Opportunities
- EH Calendar
- Resource Corner
- JEH Quiz #5
- President's Message: Making Environmental Health Indispensable
- Special NEHA Members
- Special Listing
- NEHA News
- NEHA Second Vice President Candidate Profile
- NEHA 2016 AEC and HUD Healthy Homes Conference
- DirecTalk: Musings From the 10th Floor: Environmental Health 2.0
E-Journal Bonus Article
- Disaster Management Policy Options to Address the Sanitation Challenges in South Africa
- Custom Data Processing
- HealthSpace USA Inc
- Industrial Test Systems, Inc.
- ITW Pro Brands
- MSU Online MS in Food Safety Program
- NSF International
- Ozark River/Integrity Distribution
- Protec Instrument Corporation
- San Jamar
- Sweeps Software, Inc.