Food-related diseases affect tens of millions of people and kill thousands each year. A foodborne illness is caused by eating or drinking a contaminated food or beverage. NEHA’s food safety programs are dedicated to educating food safety and environmental health professionals. NEHA helps to inform, educate and improve preparedness, response, and prevention of foodborne diseases within both the regulatory and industry workforce. The food safety products and materials we offer can be used for someone just beginning their career in the food industry, or a professional with many years of experience.
Food Safety Credentials and Certifications
NEHA offers several credentials and certifications for food safety professionals who are looking to advance their career and become experts in their respective field.
- Certified in Food Safety Supplier Audits (CFSSA)
- Certified in Comprehensive Food Safety (CCFS)
- Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS)
- Certified Foodborne Outbreak Investigator (CFOI)
- Certificate programs for HACCP, Food Managers, and Food Handlers
Food Safety Trainings
NEHA provides various food safety training resources for the food safety professional at all levels of their career. We strive to continuously add relevant content based on the latest scientific knowledge and adult learning principles.
- Epi-Ready Team Training: Foodborne Illness Response Strategies
- NEHA Food Safety Online Training Resources
- Industry – Foodborne Illness Investigation Training and Recall Response (I-FIIT)
- Foodborne Illness Outbreak Environmental Assessment (FBEA) Certificate Training
Food Safety Materials
NEHA provides the very best materials for food safety professionals. We work closely with health departments to stay informed about food safety trends, then develop the most up-to-date effective training on the market. We listen to your needs, whether you're looking for food safety books for employees, want to create an internal training program, or are looking to provide certification/recertification for food managers and food handlers, we provide the highest quality materials and offer discounts for large orders.
Food Safety at the AEC
Food Safety is one of NEHA’s largest and most popular track topics at the Annual Educational Conference & Exhibition (AEC). This year, the 2019 AEC in Nashville, Tennessee will feature more than 25 food safety sessions. If you are attending the conference, don’t miss these great food safety sessions:
- Calculating the Risks: Learning Lab on Retail Food Safety Risk Factor Studies
Learn from your peers in this 90-minute hands-on learning lab how to conduct a retail food risk factor study to identify the top risk factors in your community’s retail food establishments.
- Food Freedom vs. Food Safety: AB 626 California’s Newest Law
The panel will discuss the pros and cons of California’s controversial bill as well as the impact from a local jurisdiction's perspective.
- Foodborne Outbreak Communications Between Public Health Agencies: Key Questions, Takeaways and Next Steps
This session will engage the audience in an active conversation about foodborne outbreak response experiences, determine the priority of communications needs, and make recommendations for future education for multi-agency foodborne outbreak situations
- CDC’s National Center for Environmental Health (NCEH) is hosting several sessions in the Food Safety track on Wednesday, July 10. Be sure to check them out!
Want to get involved?
Visit the World Food Safety Day website for ideas on how you can participate!