Below is a list of study references that are recommended to assist the candidate in preparing for the REHS/RS examination. Most references are available for purchase through the NEHA online Bookstore.
REHS/RS Study Guide (Fourth Edition), 2014, NEHA
- REHS/RS Study Guide (Fourth Edition), 2014, NEHA.
- Handbook of Environmental Health, Volumes 1 and 2 (Fourth Edition), 2003, H. Koren and M. Bisesi
- Environmental Engineering, 3-Volume Set (Sixth Edition), 2009, N.L. Nemerow, F.J. Agardy, P. Sullivan, and J.A. Salvato (editors)
- Control of Communicable Diseases Manual (20th Edition), 2015, D.L. Heymann (Editor), American Public Health Association
- Basic Environmental Health, 2001, A. Yassi, T. Kjellstrom, T. de Kok, and T.L. Guidotti
- Essential Epidemiology: Principles and Applications, 2002, W. Oleckno
- Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook, 2017, National Swimming Pool Foundation
- Principles of Food Sanitation (Fifth Edition), 2006, N.G. Marriott and R.B. Gravani
- Food Code, Food and Drug Administration
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – National Environmental Public Health Tracking
- FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) Course
- CDC's Environmental Health Emergency Response Guide
- HUD's Healthy Homes Program
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Community Assessment for Public Health Emergency Response (CASPER) Toolkit: Second edition. Atlanta (GA): CDC; 2012.
- CDC’s Healthy Homes Program