CIOWTS Recommended Study References
Below is a list of study references that are recommended to assist the candidate in preparing for the CIOWTS examination.
Installation of Wastewater Treatment Systems
This manual is the definitive source for information on installing decentralized wastewater treatment systems. Developed by a team of experts, this manual provides installers with training materials geared specifically to address installation—one of the many vital aspects of programs for managing decentralized wastewater treatment systems. Installers, regulators, and designers of onsite wastewater treatment systems will gain a better understanding of the activities related to proper installation and startup to maximize system efficiency, longevity, and performance. This manual is a recommended study reference for NEHA’s Certified Installer of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (CIOWTS) credential.
454 pages, spiral-bound paperback.
1. Installation of Wastewater Treatment Systems, CIDWT – currently unavailable for purchase
3. Residential Building Design & Construction. Jack Willenbrock, Harvey Manbeck, and Michael Suchar, (1998) Prentice-Hall.
5. Small and DeCentralized Wastewater Management Systems. Crites & Tchobanoglous. (1998) McGraw-Hill.
6. Wells and Septic Systems, 2nd Edition. Max & Charlotte Alth, Revised by S. Blackwell Duncan, (1992) TAB Books.
7. Plumber’s Handbook Revised Edition. Howard Massey (1978).
9. Plumber’s Guidelines
10. Glossary of Terms by CIDWT