The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, in partnership with the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA), announces the annual Secretary’s Awards for Healthy Homes.
These awards recognize excellence in making indoor environments healthier through healthy homes research, education, and through program delivery, especially in diverse, low to moderate income communities.
The awards are presented at NEHA's Annual Educational Conference & Exhibition each year.
2017 Award Winners
Cross Program Coordination
Vermont Weatherization One Touch Program
Public and Multifamily Housing
Denver Housing Authority
Tribal Healthy Homes Network/Partnership for Air Matters
Rutgers University, Urban Entomology Lab
2017 Press Release
2017 Award Review Panel
Thank you! The review panel volunteered their expertise and many hours of their time.
- Steven Ault, MSc, MRSB, REHS/RS (retired), NEHA Technical Advisor for Vector Control & Zoonotic Disease Control, Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (retired), Adjunct Instructor, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Maryland
- Tara E. Gurge, RS, CEHT, MS, NEHA Technical Advisor for General Environmental Health, Assistant Public Health Director, Needham Public Health Department, Needham, MA
- Anna Jeng, MS, ScD, NEHA Technical Advisor for Children’s Environmental Health, Professor and Graduate Program Director, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
- Judeth Luong, NEHA Technical Advisor for Healthy Homes and Housing, Environmental Health Operations Officer, City of Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services, Long Beach, CA
- Timothy James Murphy, PhD, REHS/RS, DAAS, NEHA Technical Advisor for Sustainability, Associate Professor and Department Chair, The University of Findlay, Findlay, OH
- Zia Siddiqi, PhD, BCE, NEHA Technical Advisor for Vector Control & Zoonotic Disease Control, Zia Siddiqi Consulting, LLC, Snellville, GA (retired Orkin/Rollins Pest Control Director of Quality Systems)
- ML Tanner, NEHA Technical Advisor for General Environmental Health, EPA Certified Lead Risk Assessor, Investigator, South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation, Columbia, SC
- Bob Uhrik, NEHA Technical Advisor for Radiation/Radon, Senior REHS, South Brunswick Township, Monmouth Junction, NJ