Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: June 29, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $55,000 annual
About the Position
The Senior Accountant manages the day-to-day financial accounting, budgeting, and reporting related to NEHA memberships, grants and contracts. Daily tasks involve confirming bank balances and recording transactions. Monthly duties include preparing all entries and items noted on the close checklist, which includes journal entries, reconciliations, and updating grant spreadsheets. The Senior Accountant will also review bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. The Senior Account must make decisions quickly under pressure, assume independent responsibility, possess high energy and creativity, and use sound judgment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Records accounting transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Coordinates the month-end and year-end close processes.
- Reviews semi-monthly payroll and payroll journal entry.
- Prepares and reviews journal entries, cash receipts, and bank reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly financial statements for review by Finance Director in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate grant budgets and financial reports.
- Assists with preparation of grant budgets for proposals.
- Maintains compliance with federal grant management requirements (OMB Uniform Guidance).
- Assists with development of annual budget.
- Assists with annual audit, preparation of Form 990, and benefit plan return.
- Provides excellent customer service to members and employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years’ experience as an accountant in a non-profit setting.
- Ability to communicate financial data to all levels of organization staff.
- Basic knowledge of grant, contract, and project management principles.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Preferred Experience and Skills
- MemberSuite or similar Customer Relationship Management or Association Management Software.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less.
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Marissa Mills, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.