Company: State of Montana Dept. of Public Health and Human Services
Location: Helena, MT
Date Posted: July 6, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $45,344 to $56,680 Annual
About the Position
This position is responsible for developing and administering the food and consumer safety program services to reduce the incidence of diseases and occurrences of unhealthful conditions. Responsibilities include:
- Investigating consumer complaints and illness outbreaks to identify and eliminate threats to the public;
- Conducting public health inspections of food facilities and equipment to ensure compliance with state and federal laws; and
- Providing training related to food and safety programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health, Biology, Chemistry, or a directly related field.
- Completed microbiology course from an accredited university program.
- Three years of Public Health Sanitarian experience. Must obtain a current Montana Registered Sanitarian License within six-months of hire.
- Other combinations of directly related education and experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Current Montana Registered Sanitarian license.
- Five years of Public Health Sanitarian experience
How to Apply
State of Montana Careers website: