Contract Project Coordinator
Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: October 26, 2018
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Contract
Salary: $60,000 Annually
Contract Project Coordinator
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with partners such as the EPA, CDC and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more. With over 5,000 members and a growing staff of 30 employees we work to fulfill our mission by setting standards of excellence for the profession through our credentialing program; by providing opportunities for education and training at our annual conference as well as through online and in-person courses; and by providing advocacy through our Government Affairs Department. Our headquarters is located in the Denver area.
About the Position
NEHA is seeking a Project Coordinator for a two-year contract to develop and execute tasks for project deliverables. This is a contract position for two years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and executes tasks for project deliverables.
- Prepares and compiles results for progress and final reports for funding agencies.
- Facilitates conference calls, meetings, committees, workgroups, and focus groups.
- Communicates with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and other project participants.
- Assists with development of proposals for projects, including content and budget.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, public health, environmental sciences, or other hard or social science fields. Master’s degree in public health, environmental health or related field preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of one year’s experience in project coordination or management.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more environmental health subject matter areas.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Grant writing and/or management experience.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and with diverse audiences.
The salary for this position is $60,000/year. This position is not eligible for association benefits.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter using the following link: