Company: Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
Location: Madison, WI (Dane County)
Date Posted: January 25, 2019
Application Deadline: February 3, 2019
Employment Type: Full time
Food Scientist Advanced - Recall and Emergency Response Coordinator
About the Position
This is an advanced scientific and technical position which responds to food emergency response and recall-related activities of the Bureau of Food and Recreational Businesses. This position also coordinates and helps deliver consumer and industry information and outreach programs related to food defense, food emergency responses, and recalls. This position also assists with technical enforcement support; analyzes progress of the Rapid Response Team (RRT) program and contributes to procedure and policy development.
This employee is a primary resource for conducting food emergency response and recall-related activities of the Bureau of Food and Recreational Businesses. These activities include conducting trace backs, assisting in foodborne outbreak investigations, distributing staff alerts, assisting in preparation of media releases, and interacting with federal, state and local agencies. This employee also provides technical and analytical support for the bureau’s enforcement system. This employee also assists in development and delivery of training to division staff and the staff of public health and food regulatory agencies concerning the division's food and dairy requirements, policies, and procedures. This employee assist with meeting RRT program grant deliverables, including producing reports and grant evidence.
NOTE: This is a project position with a scheduled end date on or before December 27, 2022. Project positions are eligible for benefits, including health insurance, but the incumbent does not attain permanent civil service status.
Minimally qualified candidates must describe experience and education relevant to the following qualifications in order to be considered further:
- Must be eligible to take the Wisconsin Registered Sanitarian exam, the NEHA REHS/RS exam (for eligibility requirements, see hyperlinks below).
- NEHA REHS Eligibility Requirements
- Wisconsin RS Eligibility Requirements
- Working knowledge and/or education regarding emergency response and the incident management systems (IMS) and/or incident command systems (ICS) structure.
- Experience using personal computer applications such as: Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, etc.
The most qualified candidates will also describe experience in the following areas:
- Experience managing federal grant programs and/or working to meet deliverables set forth by federal grant programs.
- Experience coordinating the response(s) for recall-related activities associated with food emergencies.
- Extensive knowledge of the scientific and technical principles of food production, storage, handling, and distribution.
How to Apply