Company: The Council for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC)
Location: Telework position
Date Posted: January 25, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Halftime (50% FTE) / Contractual
About the Position
The Council for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC) is expanding from having a half-time Executive Director to having two half-time positions: Executive Director and Technical Director, and now has entered into a search for an Executive Director. This is a halftime (50% FTE), telework, contractual, position to begin April 2019.
The CMAHC is a non-profit organization with a mission of “Healthy and Safe Aquatic Experiences for Everyone”. The CMAHC was established to manage updates to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Model Aquatic Health Code (MAHC) and promote voluntary adoption. The MAHC is kept sustainable, current, and complete because the people who use it develop, discuss, and vote on proposed changes through membership in the CMAHC. The CMAHC submits these proposed changes to CDC as advice on how the MAHC needs to change to keep up with the latest science and best practices. Throughout the year, CMAHC staff educate local and state authorities, aquatic facility owners, operators, designers, manufacturers, builders, and retailers about the MAHC and its potential to help ensure a healthy and safe swimming experience for everyone. Additionally, the CMAHC coordinates and prioritizes research needs to bring science and data driven information to the MAHC.
The Executive Director for the Council for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC) has a unique opportunity to expand and mold this national organization which is dedicated to continual data and knowledge-based improvement and adoption of the MAHC. Candidates should have the education, experience, and skills to administer and manage the CMAHC while upholding the highest ethical standards. Qualified candidates should have recognized expertise in aquatic health and safety, and previous experience working with partnerships dedicated to achieving common goals.
- Advocate nationally and internationally for aquatic health and safety through MAHC adoption
- Lead the CMAHC organization and build membership and active participation
- Build fiscal sustainability and exercise fiscal responsibility
- Coordinate and manage CMAHC contract employees
- Manage, plan, and host/lead the triennial CMAHC Conference
- Manage coordination of CMAHC Councils and technical operations
- Build strong relationships with CDC and stakeholders
- Drive a coordinated MAHC research agenda
- Contractual, non-benefitted
- Reports to Board of Directors
- Mutually negotiated and agreed upon compensation
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Ms. Lynn Beach
Director of Administrative Services
Council for the Model Aquatic Health Code
P.O. Box 3121, Decatur, GA 30031
If you have questions about this opportunity, please contact the Search Committee Chair, Dr. David Dyjack at email@example.com.