Company: Snohomish Health District
Location: Everett, WA
Date Posted: May 3, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $92,304 to $129,876
Environmental Health Director
About the Position
The opportunity: Environmental Health Director
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. With the Snohomish Health District, you will have a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the health and safety of Snohomish County. As our new Environmental Health Director, you will be able to:
- Partner with the Administrator and Executive Leadership Team to collaboratively advise on and carry out the mission and strategic plan of the Snohomish Health District.
- Prevent and protect Snohomish County from food, water and Environmental health threats through effective planning, organization, direction and administration of multiple programs.
- Ensure division staff are properly trained and equipped to enforce applicable environmental health laws, regulations and codes.
- Exhibit managerial courage, exceptional leadership, and responsible decision making through strategic agility, and innovation.
- Build and maintain effective teams within the division, as well as with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, quality improvement, and workforce development within the division and the agency.
Education & professional experience
- Education: Master’s Degree (from an accredited institution) in public health, environmental health, public administration, or a closely-related health field.
- Experience: Six years progressively responsible work experience working in a public health or very similar agency, with at least four years in a supervisory capacity.
- Or: In place of the above requirement, the incumbent may possess any combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate the individual’s knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
Licenses, certifications and other
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a driving record which meets the requirements of Snohomish Health District’s insurance carrier.
- Registered Sanitarian (RS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) with the Washington State Board of Registered Sanitarians or National Environmental Health Association (for ability to attain within one year), preferred.
How to Apply
Review the position posting at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/snohd. Interested candidates can then apply by creating a profile and submitting an application, cover letter, resume, and answering any supplemental questions via the above Snohomish Health District job opportunities page.
The position opens on April 26, 2019 and will be open until filled. The first round of reviews will begin on May 27, 2019.
If you have questions about the opportunity, please feel free to contact Pam Aguilar or Jamie Morse at (425) 339-5210.