Company: Baltimore County Department of Health
Location: Baltimore, MD
Date Posted: May 28, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Part-time 34 hrs./wk
Salary: $66,000 - $89,000
Deputy Chief, Environmental Health Services
About the Position
Under general direction, assists with the planning, organizing, directing and administering the regulatory authority, initiatives, and activities of the Division of Environmental Health Services of the Department of Health.
- Drafts plans, directs and evaluates the programmatic functions and activities.
- Assists with establishing program plans, goals and priorities.
- Interprets and develops standards, policies, and procedures.
- Supervises professional and support staff.
- Determines nature and scope of projects and makes appropriate assignments.
- Reviews completed projects for technical accuracy and conformance with departmental policy.
- Recommends corrective actions for facility non-compliance with Federal, State, and County regulations.
- Drafts regulations and standard operating procedures in accordance with the regulatory authority of the Division.
- Researches and develops automated data management and information systems to improve program efficiency.
- Works with contractors and representatives of other agencies on behalf of the Department.
- Meets with business and community organizations, representatives of other government agencies, and the general public to address and resolve issues of environmental concern.
- Provides detailed and summary reports of program activities to supervisors and other agencies as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in biological or environmental health science, or licensure as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist in the State of Maryland plus six years experience in environmental health, public health or public health sanitation.