Company: Baylor University
Location: Waco, TX
Date Posted: June 12, 2019
Application Deadline: July 12, 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Position
Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education's “Great Colleges to Work For” (https://www.chronicle.com/interactives/greatcolleges18). Chartered in 1845 by the Republic of Texas through the efforts of Baptist pioneers, Baylor is the oldest continuously operating university in Texas. The university provides a vibrant campus community for over 16,000 students from all 50 states and more than 80 countries by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship. Baylor is actively recruiting staff who support our mission as we pursue our bold vision, Illuminate (https://www.baylor.edu/illuminate/).
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant's religion among its selection criteria. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Baylor University is seeking a Program Coordinator for our Environmental Health Science Program. This position is responsible for providing administrative and program support for the environmental health concentration in the Master of Public Health degree. Additionally, this individual will support the implementation and ongoing operations of the MPH, along with the Environmental Health Science graduate and undergraduate program. Preferential consideration will be given to candidates with experience working with sponsored programs and graduate program support.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong written communication and editing skills
- Previous experience working with and managing a budget
- Proven time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining high quality work
- Effective time management and the ability to keep projects on schedule over a protracted period of time
- Demonstrated relationship building and networking skills
Availability to travel as needed
- An Associate's degree and a minimum of five years of relevant work experience are required. A Bachelor's degree, Certified Research Administration designation, and seven years of relevant work experience are preferred.
How to Apply
To view the full position description and apply please visit this link.
The Baylor Experience
Working at Baylor is so much more than simply having a job! As part of the Baylor family, employees not only receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, generous time off, and fantastic automatic retirement contributions*, they also get to experience Baylor.
- Experience a mission driven organization based on a strong Christian commitment (baylor.edu/about)
- Experience Baylor academics with outstanding tuition remission for staff and qualified dependents*
- Experience Baylor athletics with reduced admission or free access to athletic events
- Experience our beautiful campus with access to libraries, museums, and recreational facilities such as our fitness center, athletic courts, an indoor swimming pool, and the Baylor marina to name a few
- Experience our great dining facilities and enjoy an employee discount
*For more details and eligibility requirements, please visit www.baylor.edu/hr.