Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO or Washington, DC
Date Posted: August 28, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $45,000 - $53,000, dependent on experience and qualifications
About the Position
- Develop and execute tasks for project deliverables in topic area(s).
- Prepare and compile results for progress and final reports for funding agencies.
- Act as facilitator for conference calls, meetings, committees, work groups, and focus groups.
- Provide input to department leadership in creation of project budgets.
- Monitor project budgets and communicate any issues to department leadership.
- Communicate with stakeholders, subject matter experts, and other project participants.
Project and Program Development (20%)
- Assist with development of proposals for projects, including content and budget.
- Build relationships and partnerships with agencies and subject matter experts.
- Serve as a resource to NEHA staff.
- Develop and publish articles, columns, or chapters for applicable publications.
- Participate in webinars and other continuing education to stay up-to-date on topic area(s).
- Develop content for topic area(s) on website.
- Staff a Program Committee which includes coordinating the development of policy statements, creation of resources and identification of capacity building needs.
- Represent NEHA in partnerships, meetings, and events.
- Assist with identifying topics and speakers for webinars and the annual education conference.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment.
- Ability to read required reports and computer screen.
- Hearing required to interact with management and associates.
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, public health, environmental sciences, or other hard or social science fields. Master's degree in public health or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in project coordination or management.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more environmental health subject matter areas.
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
Skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Professional presentations/publications skills.
How to Apply
What We Offer
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $53,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button.