P.E.S.T. Virtual Conference
Thank You for Attending!
Pest-Control Through Environmentally Sustainable Treatments (P.E.S.T.) Virtual Conference - Integrated Pest Management Solutions in EH
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) held its very first Pest-Control Through Environmentally Sustainable Treatments (P.E.S.T) Virtual Conference on August 28 – 29, 2019. The goal of the PEST virtual conference was to bring together environmental public health professionals and vector control specialists to discuss emerging issues and solutions, as well as the latest information, resources, tools, and training about integrated pest management. In addition to educating the workforce, the conference was designed to bring professionals together in a unique virtual environment to exchange information and discover new solutions to issues in integrated pest management and sustainable vector control solutions.
The virtual conference featured the following four tracks:
- Education and Outreach in IPM Implementation
- Innovations and Opportunities in IPM
- Effective Partnerships
- Technical Expertise
The virtual platform experience, created by the California-based software company 6Connex, included an auditorium, keynote address hall, poster hall, panel session room, exhibit hall, networking lounge, and a help desk. These rooms hosted 22 educational sessions, ten exhibitors, networking opportunities, and technical support, respectively. In total, the P.E.S.T. Virtual Conference educated 372 attendees, for an average of 7 hours and 45 minutes spent at the conference, from varying professions and affiliations on existing and developing pest control programs.
New to Virtual Conferences?
Much more than a single webinar, a virtual event creates an experience inside an online environment of rooms and spaces, like a physical convention center or corporate campus. Attendees could visit different locations and participate in a range of activities: recorded keynotes and presentations, exhibitor booths, live 1:1 chat and social networking, poster sessions, collaboration and much more. The full P.E.S.T. Virtual Conference was accessible 24/7 both days of the event, giving attendees the freedom to explore without setting a timeframe for the events.
Presentation topics include:
- Implementation of IPM programs
- Co-regulator and stakeholder collaboration
- IPM implementation in schools
- Innovations in IPM
- Challenges and recommendations in implementing IPM
- Pesticide resistance
Thank you to following partners for exhibiting at the conference:
- U.S. Enviornmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA)
- National Pest Management Association Quality Pro
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- Entomological Society of America (ESA)
- Vector Disease Control International
- ABC Home and Commercial