Company: Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
Location: Tacoma, WA
Date Posted: June 20, 2019
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $71,115 - $91,582 a year
Environmental Health Specialist Supervisor - Community Safety
About the Position
Are you looking for a place to apply your excitement for quality improvement and background in Environmental Health? Use your professional knowledge, supervisory/lead and technical experience to make a difference in the health of the citizens of Pierce County. Join our Food & Community Safety Program as a Regular, Full-time, Environmental Health Specialist Supervisor (Community Safety-Pools, Schools, Camps).
- A Bachelors Degree in public health, environmental science or closely related field; and 5 years of relevant supervisory or lead experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Ability to successfully pass a background investigation.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and an acceptable driver's abstract is required prior to employment.
- Possession of a current Certificate of Registration as a Sanitarian (RS) or a Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) is required within six months of hire. If you have questions regarding RS/REHS qualifications please see https://neha.org/sites/default/files/REHS-Brochure.pdf (Download PDF reader) or http://www.wsbrs.org/
- School, Pool, or Food Safety Experience
- Code Application and Interpretation