Know Before You Go
The NEHA 2019 Annual Educational Conference & Exhibition begins in less than a week! With over 200 educational sessions, preconference offerings, and networking social events, it can be difficult to figure out where you should be and how you should prepare.
NEHA has developed an easy to follow guide to make sure your conference experience goes smoothly.
From making sure you correctly track your continuing education, to building your professional network by attending social events, the following guide has you covered.
Are you ready for the AEC? Follow this list to find out!
Before the Conference
- Book your hotel at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, or the nearby Inn at Opryland.
- Download the conference mobile app, powered by Zerista. Set up your profile and begin building your schedule.
- Review the FAQ for earning continuing education credits for NEHA credential holders, California REHS/RS, and other non-NEHA credential holders.
(For your convenience, you can download the CE tracking form prior to the conference. You do not need a tracking form unless you hold a California REHS/RS. Paper copies of the Tracking Form will be available at the NEHA information table.)
- Pack your business cards.
- Pack your reusable water bottle to decrease your environmental impact.
- Pack business casual or business professional attire for the conference as well as more casual attire for evening social events.
During the Conference
- Pick up your badge at the NEHA registration desk.
- Attend the Opening Session Keynote Address with Robert Kadlec, MS, MTM&H, MD Tuesday, July 9 at 5:00 PM.
- Post photos of your experience on social media using the hashtag #NEHAAEC. Be sure to tag @nehaorg so that we can share and retweet!
- Interact and network with vendors with the latest environmental health products and services at the Exhibition Grand Opening & Reception (included in all full conference registrations) Tuesday, July 9.
- Attend the Grand Session Kickoff with Anne Godfrey, CCMI FCIM Wednesday, July 10 at 8:00 AM.
- Use the conference app to browse educational sessions and build your AEC schedule. Be sure to participate in the AEC Scavenger Hunt for a chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Experience Nashville and cruise down the Cumberland River by attending the General Jackson Showboat Event (included with all full conference registrations).
- Meet the NEHA board of directors and learn about the state of the association at the Breakfast and Town Hall Assembly Thursday, July 11 at 6:30 AM.
- Celebrate your fellow environmental health professionals and their accomplishments at the Awards Ceremony Thursday, July 11 at 5:00 PM.
- Network and socialize with your peers at the Grand Ole Opry House UL Event. (Limited tickets remaining; purchase tickets before the conference, or check registration for availability on site)
- Complete your conference experience at the Closing Session with Grayson Brown, PhD.
After the Conference
- Submit your CE contact hours. Visit the AEC Continuing Education page for details.
- If you haven’t done so already, post your conference photos on social media using #NEHAAEC.
- Let us know how your conference experience went! Give us your feedback by taking the AEC survey through the conference app.
- Start planning for the 2020 AEC in New York City!