Company: Minnesota Department of Health
Location: St. Paul, Duluth, or Bemidji, MN
Date Posted: July 29, 2019
Application Deadline: August 5, 2019
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $65,000 to $93,000
North Region Operations Supervisor-Noncommunity Public Water Supply Unit
About the Position
The Minnesota Department of Health is seeking to fill the position of North Operations Supervisor in the Noncommunity Public Water Supply Unit. This position will be located at our Bemidji, Duluth, or St. Paul district office. This position protects public health in the use and consumption of water via the administration and enforcement of the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and other Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) rules as they pertain to noncommunity public water systems (NPWS) in the NPWS Unit’s North Region, and to provide other core public health functions for the MDH Drinking Water Protection (DWP) Section. The position provides supervision and direction to NCPWS Program personnel in the Unit’s North Region.
- Developing plans and policies to support the implementation of statutes, rules and standards to strengthen the NPWS Program
- Acts as back-up to the Unit Supervisor
- Provide technical assistance, consultation, and training to local public health agencies in order to ensure an effective and efficient local noncommunity public water supply program; including the oversight of delegation agreements
- Acts as liaison to MDH’s Food, Pools and Lodging Section (FPLS), the Minnesota Department of Agriculture, the hospitality sector, and other partners
- Acts in planning and coordination role in regard to preparedness and response
- Coordinates the Unit's engagement in issues regarding chemical contaminants of emerging concern (CECs)
Registration as a Sanitarian/Environmental Health Specialist (REHS/RS) in the State of Minnesota. If not currently an REHS/RS in Minnesota, must have REHS/RS in another state and obtain Minnesota REHS/RS within one (1) year of employment.
Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Geology, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Public or Environmental Health, Food Science/Technology, Toxicology, Soil Science, Environmental Studies/Ecology or Civil, Chemical, Environmental or Sanitary Engineering.
Three years of advanced professional experience investigating, ensuring compliance, and providing technical assistance in the water sanitation discipline. OR Two years of supervision or management of a water sanitation program, section, unit or team that includes: development of program rules and policies; development of long and short range goals and plans; program evaluation; and budget preparation. Masters degree in an area described above may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
How to Apply
Please visit Minnesota Careers Website (mn.gov/mmb/careers/) and search for job ID 33056. The posting will provide further details and application instructions.
You may link directly to the job posting at: https://careers.mn.gov/psp/hcm92apc/MNCAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=33056&PostingSeq=1&languageCd=ENG