Company: Colorado State University
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Date Posted: July 29, 2019
Application Deadline: August 12, 2019
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000
Public Health & Environmental Professional
About the Position
The ideal candidate will have primary responsibility for addressing the environmental and public health needs of the University which includes performing essential environmental health investigations, special event approvals, food safety inspections and develops recommendations and solutions about non-compliance conditions. Enforcement of environmental health related laws and regulations while investigating and inspecting related University facilities and complaints is required. This requires a detailed knowledge of all University buildings, including food service establishments and child care operations on campus. The inspection results and outcomes will affect the operations of the Universities infrastructure so it is essential that a rapport with university building personnel and food service operators is achieved. Understanding the University design and reporting structure are critical components of the job requirements.
- Conduct inspections and investigate the regulatory compliance of food service establishments and child care facilities. At times, expected to work evenings and weekends.
- Enforce state laws and regulations, and initiate appropriate legal action. Review and approve licensing, plan reviews, and other information as it relates to retail food operations. This position determines the appropriate response, which may include informal or formal responses, complexities of the issue, embargo, condemnation, seizure, recalls, additional field investigations, and negotiate civil penalties, under the direction of the Public Health Administrator.
- Investigate sanitation complaints and determine validity.
- Conduct investigations in conjunction with local, state, and federal agencies.
- Utilize technical equipment and work independently in the course of routine inspections.
- Collect and process data concerning environmental health related issues.
- Assist in the performance of epidemiological data for communicable disease outbreaks.
- Coordinate and assist with event coordinators to manage special events and facilitate logistics for each event including working with outside vendors, food service, licensing and public health issues.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job which many include indoor air quality issues and complaints.
To view full posting and apply, visit: http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/69189
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer and conducts background checks on all final candidates.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Science Degree from an accredited college or university in (Food Science, Environmental Health, Public Health, Microbiology or closely related field).
- Five years of professional level environmental, regulatory, food safety, project management experience which included regulatory compliance, conducting field inspections, and/or enforcement activities related to environmental health.
- Event management experience.
- Experience teaching and the ability to provide training to a variety of audiences.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain a driver’s license or access to a licensed driver by the employment start date.”
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master’s Science Degree from an accredited college or university in (Food Science, Environmental Health, Public Health, Microbiology or closely related field).
- Experience in the administration of environmental and public health regulations and the implementation of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and codes.
- Demonstrable understanding of the impacts of those regulations on the regulated community.
- Credentialed as a Certified Food Safety Professional, ServSafe, or equivalent.
- Experience writing technical reports, and the ability to compile data into clear, and concise reports.
- Experience using EMS or similar event management software.
- Experience working in a college/university environment of similar size.
How to Apply
Apply online: http://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/69189
References will not be contacted without candidates approval.
Cover letter, resume or CV and at least 3 professional references required with the online application submission.
Submit a copy of all applicable licenses/certifications/credentials as a Certified Food Safety Professional, ServSafe, or equivalent.