Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: July 30, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Compensation is based on experience and qualifications
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking an experienced IT Manager to join our team in Denver, CO.
Who We Are
The mission of the National Environmental Health Association is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, the food we eat, the water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with partners such as the EPA, CDC and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more. With over 5,000 members and a growing staff of 30 employees we work to fulfill our mission by setting standards of excellence for the profession through our credentialing program; by providing opportunities for education and training at our annual conference as well as through online and in-person courses; and by providing advocacy through our Government Affairs Department. Our headquarters is located in the Denver area.
About the Role
NEHA has exciting opportunities to provide additional resources for our membership and environmental health professionals across the globe. This presents an immediate challenge to expand and enhance our technology to align with our growing needs. This new position has the unique opportunity to serve an essential role in guiding NEHA as we leverage and maximize technology now and into the future.
What You’ll Do
- Provide general IT support for staff and serve as liaison to IT vendor.
- Audit all IT assets and deliver reports on a regular frequency.
- Perform email and data analysis and make recommendations on hardware, data and process.
- Develop a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan in conjunction with leadership.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of IT related policies and procedures.
- Manage ongoing maintenance of NEHA SharePoint site.
- Work with IT vendor to identify IT business needs and solutions as necessary.
- Develop inclusive virtual meetings for staff, board, and partners.
- Develop and conduct IT trainings for staff as needed.
- Ensure consistent and relevant IT practices and software across all of NEHA, where feasible.
- Participate in cross-training with Database Administrator.
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or related field.
- At least three years’ experience working in IT Manager role or similar role.
- Experience working with Office365 – understanding of the full suite of offerings strongly preferred.
- SharePoint experience.
Skills and abilities:
- Strong aptitude in IT field with an ability to research and learn systems quickly.
- Strong communication and trainer skills.
- Ability to work with remote users.
- Adaptable to changing environment and funding resources.
- Committed to NEHA Mission.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Project management experience and skills.
- Experience using webinar platforms.
How to Apply
What We Offer
Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button.
Equal Opportunity Employer