Company: County of Sonoma
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Date Posted: August 7, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $6,967 - $8,468/Monthly
Supervising Environmental Health Specialist
About the Position
As a vital part of Environmental Health leadership, a Supervising EHS plans, directs, and coordinates the work of Environmental Health Programs and is a first line supervisor of the EHS team. Duties include:
- Training, developing, and leading program staff
- Advising, educating, and assisting individuals and community groups with environmental health issues
- Conducting complex field observations in conjunction with law enforcement
- Conferring with local and state officials concerning environmental health, sanitation methods, and public health issues
- Assisting with the development and improvement of Environmental Health programs
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Lead or supervisory experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Strength in coaching, leading, developing, and motivating staff
- The ability to assess a situation and recommend appropriate solutions in a complex regulatory environment
Please note: This position requires current possession of a valid certificate of registration as an Environmental Health Specialist as required by the State of California's Health and Safety Code.
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
How to Apply
For more information & to apply online, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply Now.