Company: Oregon Health Authority
Location: Portland, OR
Date Posted: August 15, 2019
Application Deadline: September 4, 2019
Employment Type: Full time
Environmental Health Specialist 3 - Pool, Spa and Lodging Program Coordinator
About the Position
As the Pool, Spa and Lodging Program Coordinator, you will administer the day-to-day functions of Oregon’s statewide Public Pool and Tourist Facility Programs carried out in partnership with local public health authorities. You will strengthen the Programs’ roles as a center of excellence in protecting public health and safety in pool recreational and tourism facilities across the state and supporting local public health authority partners and regulated facilities with technical expertise and oversight.
You will develop and revise program objectives and goals; determine program priorities; develop strategies to meet these goals; and establish program guidelines. Additionally, you will provide plan review for new pool and spa construction and conduct construction inspections. You will provide technical consultation to industry, local public health authorities, pool operators and the public. This position is responsible for maintaining technical expertise and awareness of national issues relating to these programs.
- A bachelor's degree with 45 quarter (30 semester) hours in an environmental or physical science
- Two years of experience working under general supervision, conducting environmental health inspections which included providing technical assistance and consultation at local or state level (Graduate training may substitute for one year of the experience)
- Must be a Registered Environmental Health Specialist or be able to become registered within one month of hire
- Must be a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or have the ability to become a CPO within six months of hire
- Experience with pool and spa design, functionality, safety and water chemistry
- General understanding of the Center for Disease Control and Preventions Model Aquatic Health Code
- Experience in project or program management and process improvement
- Experience providing training to adult students
- Experience working with varying levels of governmental offices (city, county, state, federal)
- Experience interpreting existing statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures that address environmental public health
- Experience bringing together diverse and/or opposing groups (such as state or local health officials and the regulated community, hotel and pool managers, pool design companies, organizational camp operators, recreational parks) to work through complex problems and come to mutually acceptable solutions
- Experience promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, cut and past the link below into your browser and complete the online application.