Company: Diversey, Inc.
Location: San Jose, CA
Date Posted: January 9, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Territory Account Specialist, Retail
About the Position
The Territory Account Specialist (TAS) is responsible for managing an assigned territory of national Retail accounts that receive scheduled and emergency services related to maintaining cleaning, air care and food sanitation dispensing systems, performing food sanitation audits, and training store personnel on food safety topics and use of the Diversey food sanitation program. A TAS will also install dispensing equipment at new Retail accounts and convert existing customers to new dispensing platforms. A TAS provides recommendations to store management on appropriate sanitation or food safety corrective action(s) to maintain a high level of cleanliness ensuring positive food safety outcomes at the store level. The TAS is responsible for maintaining the Diversey’s high quality of sales and service to all customers which includes timely response to customer service issues.
- Conduct food safety and sanitation audits in assigned geographical territory and account list.
- Based on audit results, communicate significant sanitation violations to store management and recommend appropriate corrective action(s) required to maintain a high level of store cleanliness
- Install and maintain chemical dispensing equipment which can include ware wash dispensing platforms
- Train customer associates on the use of products, systems, and sanitation procedures
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations within each account
- Maintain company vehicle and all other company assets assigned to TAS
- Comply with internal reporting requirements, assigned administrative duties, and maintenance of parts stock in storage shed and vehicle.
- Maintain 100% compliance with company safety policy, utilize PPE, and follow safety processes at all times
- Maintain / control expense and quality control measures related to equipment, parts, literature, and tools.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) certification (or equivalent) or become certified within one year of employment
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively train store sanitation teams
- 2+ years of experience in food safety or sanitation related work preferred
- 2+ years of email, Excel, Word and ability to use auditing platforms delivered through tablet/notebook applications
- A valid US driver’s license with a good driving record, the ability to drive for extended periods and stay overnight (up to 50%)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Mechanical aptitude required to become proficient with training in basic wiring and plumbing to perform installation, maintenance, and repair of warewash and chemical dispensing equipment
- Excellent phone and email communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work cross functionally to achieve company goals
- Professional attitude, good organizational skills, and self-motivated/directed
- Excellent time management, decision making, and people skills
How to Apply
In order to be considered, please complete an application first at https://diversey.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Diversey/job/San-Jose-CA/Territory-Food-Safety---Sanitation-Specialist--Retail---San-Jose--CA_R0003364