Company: Snohomish Health District
Location: Everett, WA
Date Posted: November 11, 2019
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $92,304 to $129,876
Environmental Health Director
About the Position
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. With the Snohomish Health District, you will have a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the health and safety of Snohomish County. As our new Environmental Health Director, you will be able to:
- Partner with the Administrative Officer and Executive Leadership Team to collaboratively advise on and carry out the mission and strategic plan of the Snohomish Health District
- Prevent and protect Snohomish County from food, water and Environmental health threats through effective planning, organization, direction and administration of multiple programs.
- Ensure division staff are properly trained and equipped to enforce applicable environmental health laws, regulations and codes.
- Exhibit managerial courage, exceptional leadership, and responsible decision making through strategic agility, and innovation.
- Build and maintain effective teams within the division, as well as with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for innovation, quality improvement, and workforce development within the division and the agency.
Education & professional experience
- Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in public health, environmental health, public administration, or a closely-related field; OR Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution involving major study in environmental health, sanitary science, microbiology or public health or other closely related science; and
- Experience: 6 years progressively responsible work experience working in a public health or similar agency, with at least 4 years in a supervisory capacity with a Master’s Degree; OR 8 years of progressively responsible work experience working in public health or similar agency, with at least 4 years in supervisory capacity with a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Or: In place of the above requirement, the incumbent may possess any combination of relevant education and experience which would demonstrate the individual’s knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
Licenses, certifications and other
- Valid Washington State Driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire and a driving record which meets the requirements of Snohomish Health District’s insurance carrier.
- Registered Sanitarian (RS) or Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) with the Washington State Board of Registered Sanitarians or National Environmental Health Association (for ability to attain within one year), preferred.
How to Apply
Review the position posting at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/snohd
Interested candidates can then apply by creating a profile and submitting an application, cover letter, and resume via the above Snohomish Health District job opportunities page.
The position is open until fill and applicants will be reviewed weekly.
If you have questions about the opportunity, please feel free to contact Pam Aguilar or Jamie Morse at (425) 339-5210.