Company: Larimer County Department of Health & Environment
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Date Posted: December 17, 2019
Application Deadline: January 12, 2020
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $21.89 - $28.91
Environmental Health Specialist I/II - Consumer Protection Program
About the Position
The Larimer County Department of Health and Environment is seeking an Environmental Specialist I or II. We are seeking someone with an eye for detail, food safety knowledge, and the ability to interact well with people. Working in this role, you'll be a part of the Consumer Protection team and serve our community by ensuring compliance with local and state health and safety codes.
- Conduct environmental health inspections and investigations of public and private establishments - primarily food service, schools, and child care facilities - to ensure compliance with local and state health and safety codes.
- Recommend, issue or deny related permits.
- Recommend changes, give instructions, and issue compliance orders when applicable for correction of deficiencies and violations.
- Provide information and advice to answer questions and solve problems of the public.
- May conduct technical reviews of blueprints, floor plans and facility plans for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Environmental Health, or a related field, with a minimum of one 3-credit hour course in microbiology.
- Must have or the ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Must be available to work from any of department’s three offices in Fort Collins, Loveland, or Estes Park as needs arise.
- Bilingual (Spanish) skills preferred.