Company: District Health Department #10
Location: Michigan (see locations below)
Date Posted: January 17, 2020
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
Employment Type: Full time
Environmental Health Manager E.O.E.*
About the Position
District Health Department #10 seeks a Full-time Environmental Health Manager. This position will be based in Lake, Mason, Newaygo, or Wexford County. Position will remain open until filled with consideration given to those who apply by 01/31/2020.
- Manage human resources within the EH division including helping to recruit, train, evaluate, discipline professional, paraprofessional, technical and clerical staff through direct supervision and in consultation with program supervisors and EH director.
- Participates in planning, developing & evaluating division & agency programs & policies. Provides leadership for EH programs and program development. Acts as a liaison with local, state & federal agencies including interpreting program & regulation changes, assure internal compliance, formulates policies, and effectively implements program requirements.
- Assures program productivity, performance management, quality assurance, and quality improvement activities. Insures compliance with accreditation standards & certification standards in all EH Programs. Collects, analyzes & evaluates service delivery data, epidemiological data, to suggest both quantitative & qualitative changes for service delivery in conjunction with the EH Director & administrative staff.
- Assist with budget management, policy development, program and contract oversight.
- Master’s Degree in a field of Science, preferred, or a Bachelor’s Degree in a field of Science with five years experience in Environmental Health.
- Must be a Registered Sanitarian.
- Minimum of three years Administrative – Leadership or Supervisory experience required with demonstrated progression of responsibility and supervision.
- Requires strong leadership & communication skills, ability to plan & evaluate programs, ability to develop & monitor programming budgetary requirements & to develop leadership skills in others.
- The expectation for this position is that it will move into to a Director’s position within two years.
- (To move into a Director’s Position, applicant must have Master’s Degree or enrolled in a Master’s Degree or enrolled in a Master’s Program and completed within three years of becoming a Director.)
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter by 01/31/2020 to:
521 Cobb St.
Cadillac, MI 49601
or online at: http://www.dhd10.org/contact-us/join-our-team/
Position will remain open until filled.