Company: Public Health Seattle and King County
Location: Seattle, WA
Date Posted: January 29, 2020
Application Deadline: February 17, 2020
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Depends on qualification
Health and Environmental Investigator I or II - Solid Waste Rodent and Zoonotic Disease Program
About the Position
- Prior work experience in the solid waste field, code compliance for illegal dumping or rodent investigations, or other environmental health protection programs.
- Ability to interpret and convey environmental and health protection programs, laws, regulations and policy processes for a variety of audiences including ESL and non-English speakers.
- Knowledge of federal, Washington State and local environmental health regulations, solid waste regulations, and hazardous waste regulations.
- Knowledge of and coursework in environmental science, toxicology, characterization of business waste streams, environmental engineering, and landfill hydrogeology.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and interpretation techniques, and technical report writing.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with regulatory and technical research methods.
- Experience in working effectively as both an individual and as a member of a team; make sound, reasonable, and objective determinations based on fact; handle and meet deadlines; and complete complicated and interagency projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating and securing correction of unsatisfactory conditions, situations and practices; investigate and report on compliance with environmental standards, laws, rules and regulations; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Effective collaboration and conflict management skills.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to create investigation reports, technical reports, and written communications to the public.
- Ability to maintain accurate field records (written and photographic) in computer database systems such as Excel and/or Envision Connect.
How to Apply
Application May Be Filed Online At: www.kingcounty.gov