Director of Environmental Health and Animal Services

Company:  Placer County

Location:   Auburn, CA

Date Posted:   January 31, 2020

Application Deadline:   Open until filled

Employment Type:   Full time

Salary:  $126,859.20 - $158,433.60/year

Director of Environmental Health and Animal Services

About the Position

Placer County Health and Human Services is seeking a Director in their Environmental Health and Animal Services Division. This unclassified management position recommends priorities for Division resources, serves as the lead member of the Division’s management team, and exercises direct supervision over management, supervisory, professional, technical and clerical personnel. This position reports to the Department Director and has senior management responsibility for planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day operations of the two major program areas, which has office locations in Auburn, Tahoe City and Truckee. This is an extraordinary career opportunity to join a progressive and innovative County located in scenic Northern California. Placer County is an award-winning organization and a noted leader in the field of health and human services. The County seeks to attract highly qualified candidates that bring credibility, passion, and an innovative approach to the delivery of services to the community.


Experience: Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in a public/environmental health and/or human service agency, including at least four years of administrative and management responsibility.

Training: Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in any of the biological or physical sciences, environmental health science, engineering or a related field.

How to Apply

This recruitment will be open until filled. To be considered for the first round of interviews, application materials must be submitted by 5:00 PM on February 24, 2020. A second screening will be conducted if needed.

To apply for this outstanding career opportunity, please submit an application via the County’s website at