Company: Eagle County Government
Location: Eagle, CO
Date Posted: February 12, 2020
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $48,911 - $60,726 (Hiring Range)
Environmental Health Specialist I
About the Position
The Environmental Health Specialist I is an entry-level position that works with the EHS II and III to regulate retail food establishments, schools, and childcares as well as onsite wastewater treatment systems (OWTS). The will conduct inspections for these types of facilities and operations, receive applications and process licenses and permits, ensure records are properly stored and organized, and provide information on these records to the public. The EHS I will assist with hosting educational events and food safety courses and respond to and investigate a variety of environmental health concerns from the community. This position will receive training in program areas to ensure Eagle County Government (ECG) and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) standards are met. Bilingual Spanish-speaking is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply the principles and practices of environmental health laws, codes, regulations and ordinances.
- Ability to keep accurate records and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, agencies, the regulated community, and the public.
- Synthesizes complex information about environmental risk factors to convey to internal and external customers
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, and responds promptly to internal and external customer needs
- Develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations as part of the environmental health and Eagle County team
- Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Ability to learn and use a variety of databases, computer programs, and new programs including Google platform.
- Two years of environmental health experience, which may include internships and academic research projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health; or physical, biological or related sciences or any combination of education and experience that produces the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position
- Bilingual Spanish-English speaking and writing strongly preferred
How to Apply
For more information and to apply: https://www.eaglecounty.us/jobs/