Company: County of Sonoma
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Date Posted: March 12, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $7,965 - $9,680/Monthly*
Environmental Health Program Manager
About the Position
Are you an experienced, innovative leader who is passionate about improving community health?
Join the Department of Health Services as an Environmental Health Program Manager!
Starting Salary up to $116,169/year plus a cash allowance of approximately $600/month*
Working at the County of Sonoma offers expansive opportunities for growth and development, the ability to be a part of a challenging and rewarding work environment, and the satisfaction of knowing you're working to better our communities. You can also look forward to excellent benefits* including:
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $1,500 and ongoing education/training opportunities
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays, and an additional 8 floating holiday hours per year
- Significant portion of health care premiums paid by the County and access to several health plan options
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund post-retirement employee health insurance/benefits
- May be eligible for up to 8 weeks (320 hours) of Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of County employment
- Retirement fully integrated with Social Security
- Eligibility for a salary increase after 1,040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a salary increase for good performance every year thereafter, until reaching the top of the salary range
When you join the County of Sonoma, you'll also have the freedom to explore the beauty of our county; with its picturesque coastline, majestic redwoods, historic towns, fine dining, award winning wineries, and a wide variety of entertainment and cultural activities.
Reporting to the Director of Environmental Health, the Environmental Health Program Manager is part of the Environmental Health and Safety Section's program development team and works to support continuous quality improvement, accountability, fiscal responsibility, and the enhancement of innovative and proficient consumer and environmental protection programs.
The position is responsible for working with three Supervising Environmental Health Specialists to develop programs, establish performance standards, and facilitate opportunities for staff training and advancement which furthers the mission of the Department and the strategic direction of the County. Specific responsibilities include:
- Development of the annual budget, analysis of fees for service, and contract/grant management
- Coordinating program activities with other government agencies, county departments, and the private sector
- Performing analysis of complex problems affecting program efficiency
- Acting for the Director of Environmental Health in their absence
The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking, progressive, responsive, and confident manager with demonstrated problem solving, customer service, and leadership skills to advance the Section's goals and services. Additionally, they will possess:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to easily relate to audiences of all levels and adjust to a variety of situations
- Familiarity with environmental health practices, statutes, regulations, and monitoring methods
- Supervisory skills with the ability to coach and support staff in development of both technical and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing, presenting, and monitoring budgets, contracts, fees for service studies, and other fiscal matters
How to Apply
*Salary is negotiable and benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted.
For more information, including minimum qualifications, & to apply, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331.
EOE Apply Now