Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Denver, CO
Date Posted: April 1, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: $55,000-65,000 dependent on experience and qualifications
Human Resources Manager
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team in Denver, CO.
NEHA' s mission is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, food we eat, water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with federal partners such as the EPA, CDC and FDA on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness and more.
About the Role
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources functions.
What You’ll Do
- Implement and update the compensation program by updating job descriptions, conducting regular salary surveys, and analyzing compensation
- Conduct recruitment efforts and new-employee orientation for all new employees
- Plan, organize, and control all activities of the department and ensures the association’s compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems, and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
- Develop and manage staff training and development programs
- Manage employee relations counseling
- Monitor the performance evaluation program and identify improvements as needed
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures, and prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures
- Communicate benefits to employees and evaluate benefits annually for cost-effectiveness
- Develop and maintain motivation for workers through incentives, including flexible work schedules and wellness program
- Establish and maintain department and employee records and reports
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or similar work experience
- At least five years’ experience as a human resources manager or similar role
- Demonstrated experience cultivating and maximizing organizational talent
Skills, abilities and traits:
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in human resources
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the association
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality
Preferred experience and skills:
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, PHR/SPHR credential
How to Apply
What We Offer
The salary range for this position is $55,000-65,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a five percent of base salary
employer contribution to 403b retirement plan; paid short and long-term disability plans and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility and a wellness program led by an employee committee that
strives to inspire, create and maintain a workplace environment that supports all employees’ physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit your resume and cover letter here.