Company: Gallo Glass
Location: Modesto, CA
Date Posted: July 1, 2020
Application Deadline: July 31, 2020
Employment Type: Full time
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
About the Position
What You Will Do
- Leads creation of site EHS targets and objectives supporting strategic initiatives
- Identifies action-based EHS goals for site leadership team members, functional managers and front-line leaders to support achievement of the site’s EHS targets and objectives.
- Manages completion of site and workstation-level risk assessments to identify and prioritize EHS aspects and hazards.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulatory agencies and standards
- Responsible for regulatory agency investigations, employee complaints and safety/health assessment audits
- Evaluates existing or emerging environmental health and safety risks, regulatory requirements, standards, and best practices
- Conducts trends analysis and reporting of results against key EHS metrics
- Build capability of site resources to support implementation of EHS programs
- Manages development and maintenance of training processes to ensure that required EHS training is defined, addresses required content and is tracked to completion.
- Leads site efforts to ensure that key EHS operational controls are in place and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Provides technical support to team leaders and team members
What You Need
Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of environmental health & safety management, process safety management, manufacturing risk management planning, behavioral based safety, environmental management, or process engineering experience reflecting increasing levels responsibility;
High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 9 years of environmental health & safety management, process safety management, manufacturing risk management planning, behavioral based safety, environmental management, or process engineering experience reflecting increasing levels responsibility.
Experience managing environmental, health, or safety function(s) for a manufacturing organization
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial technology, business administration or engineering plus 8 years EHS management experience in a manufacturing environment reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Familiarity with EPA, NFPA, ANSI and other regulatory/advisory agencies.
- OHST (Occupational Health and Safety Technician) or ASP (Associate Safety Professional) certification.
- Experience with OSHA VPP program requirements and application process.
- Experience with GFMP and ISO 9001/14001 complaint facility.
- Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) or CIH Certified Industrial Hygienist.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).