Company: National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
Location: Within commutable distance of Denver, CO
Date Posted: July 27, 2020
Application Deadline: August 20, 2020
Employment Type: Full time
Marketing and Communications Manager
About the Position
The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team. Must live within a commutable distance of Denver, CO.
NEHA's mission is to advance the environmental health professional for the purpose of providing a healthful environment for all. Be part of an organization that supports thousands of members committed to ensuring that the air we breathe, food we eat, water we drink and play in, and the homes and buildings we live and work in are all safe to enjoy. Since 1937 NEHA has been at the crossroads wherever human health and the environment intersect. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, through grant and membership support, NEHA works with federal partners such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Food and Drug Administration on critical and diverse issues such as climate change, food safety, water quality, preparedness, and more.
About the Role
The Marketing and Communications Manager is an energized, mature professional who develops and manages marketing campaigns from ideation to execution in support of capacity building, public relations, and event promotion. Successful candidates will bring outstanding written and analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and ability to pivot and lead in a rapidly changing environment. Environmental and public health experience is a plus. Intermittent work on nights and weekends may be required.
What You Will Do
Marketing and Communications (45%)
- Creates and executes marketing campaigns for various communications channels including online advertising and search engine optimization (SEO), direct mail, e-mail marketing, conferences, and events.
- Effectively uses data to inform operational decisions.
- Manages marketing budget.
- Selects and manages relationships with marketing vendors.
- Stays informed of changes and trends in environmental health and marketing communities.
Annual Educational Conference & Exhibition (AEC) (20%)
- Markets the annual conference.
- Develops key contacts with local press members in the conference location.
- Responds to and coordinates press inquiries.
Content Creation (20%)
- Creates messaging and content for various communication channels content including web, e-mail, press releases, and social media posts for blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Media Network (10%)
- Cultivates relationships with media.
Internal Communications (5%)
- Creates and manages internal communication resources.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25 lbs. or less.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required for operating office equipment.
- Ability to read required reports and computer screen.
- Hearing required to interact with management and associates.
- Willing to work intermittent nights and weekends.
Our Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, digital media, or related field required
- 3–5 years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Creative, conversational writing style with the ability to invest association culture into all messaging
- Experience managing and implementing marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Working knowledge of graphic design and content creation
- A passion for public health and communications
Skills, Abilities, and Character
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
How to Apply
What We Offer
The salary for this position is DOE.
We offer a generous benefits package including paid time off and health, dental, and vision plans with employee premiums paid 100% by the association. Our benefits also include a 5% of base salary employer contribution to 403b retirement plan, paid short- and long-term disability plans, and paid term life insurance. We offer workplace flexibility including telework and a wellness program led by an employee committee that strives to inspire, create, and maintain a workplace environment that supports physical, mental, and social well-being.
When Considering Applicants
When considering applicants, we look for integrity, a vision for what is possible, and a proven performance record, along with the education, experience, and skills that match the position requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
NEHA is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe diversity strengthens our organization, enriches its corporate culture, and favorably influences our member services. We believe in DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion).
Submit your resume and cover letter.